Skip to navigation
Skip to content
Skip to Footer
We used a Mayon Turbo Stove prototype constructed by a previous class.
- We modified the structure securing the base as well as the making and welding new connecting arms for the inner drum.
- Then we bought rice hulls and tested the burn efficiency of the stove, gaining a better understanding of how it worked and what the ease of cooking on it would potentially be.
Learnings From Experiment
- Found the preheating element essential and highly efficient.
- Stove very messy, ash bed dangerous, required frequent attention (tapping).
- Emitted vast quantities of potentially toxic smoke.
- Entire structure unsturdy and the exterior was hot to the touch.