HOME | ACTION PLAN | EDUCATION PLANNING | NUTRITION IN GUATEMALA | STAKEHOLDERS ANALYSIS | PROPOSED NEEDSSUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE | COLD CLIMATE FRUIT TREES | STRAWBERRY PRODUCTION | PLANT GROWTH REGULATORS
- Growing strawberries in San Pablo would be beneficial both economically and for fruit leather production. As of 2011 no one was growing them in Tacana and there is limited production in San Pablo.
- High tunnels would be a good, relatively inexpensive way of growing strawberries during cold weather
- Early and late season production could yield larger profits
- Growth of plug transplant: Plug transplants are produced be cutting runners off and planting them in trays filled with media.
- Runners of strawberries could be harvested to produce more strawberries
- Plug transplants could be sold to other farmers